Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Lola Lee
Subject Postgresql Install Problems and Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm trying to reinstall Postgresql on my Mac (running 10.3.2) and
running into bizarre things that I haven't experienced before.
Anyone here know anything about running Postgresql on the OS X
platform?

The latest issue I'm having is that I'm trying to run createdb to
create the test database.  Here's the error message:

Computer:~ postgres$ /usr/local/bin/createdb test
createdb: could not connect to database template1: could not connect
to server: No such file or directory
Lola-Lees-Computer:~ postgres$

Yes, server is running (I have the startup script loaded in the
/Library/Startup folder), far as I can tell.

I'm using the Liyange package from http://www.entropy.ch, if this helps.

--

Lola - mailto:lola@his.com
http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/